Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: SOCIAL DISTORTION STATIONARY

  1. #11
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RootsRock79:
    i have no problem with the merchandise - fuck they could make social d kitchen towels and shower curtains and i'd probably buy them - my problem is with the people who are getting on the board pretending to be actual fans who bought the shit when they clearly work for the manufacturer. both the topic starter and the person who "seconded the motion" have one post each, and the first guy has the company's banner as his signature. is nothing sacred?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Exactly- every single word of it. My shower has a door on it and I'd still buy a Social D shower curtain! I'd tack it on a wall or something...

    And, yeah, those fuckers were really subtle. That might have worked on the Korn fans but not here, fellas...

  2. #12
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've recanted my decision to cut myself short before lapsing into full-on Henry Rollins-style rant mode...

    You know, it wouldn't have bothered me in the least if I'd read the initial post on this and it had said something to the effect of "Hey, guys, I work for this company and we put out these notebooks and pencils and we figured that since you guys are the one's who'd buy 'em, we'd let you know they're out there." That's decent, straightforward targeted marketing as far as I'm concerned.

    The part that irritates me is the misrepresentation and implied assumption that we're all a bunch of dumbasses who'd buy into the bullshit story. The way I see things, honesty counts for a lot and if you need to lie to sell something then it doesn't sell itself. It seems like, correct me if I'm wrong, Social Distortion merchandise pretty much sells itself to a room full of Social Distortion fans. I guess there's just a prevailing attitude in this world today that you have to be deceptive to get ahead- and that's pretty fucked up.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member mrsweezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2006
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    memories are priceless.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member social_d_fan01's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2005
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think this shit is no better than the green day shit, its the same thing. although if having social D logos on pencils and notebooks will bring in more fans, im all for it, personally i wouldnt be caught dead with this junk.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But to quote Johnny Thunders you can't put your arms around a memory, so you best get some Social D stationary. (yes, I'm being sarcastic here!)

  6. #16
    Inactive Member mrsweezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2006
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] That made me laugh

  7. #17
    Inactive Member mommakind's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 11th, 2005
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 12 year old loves them, wants them, and will probably get them. Why, because 1: She loves SD. 2: She is trapped in a world of "urban" music and pop-crap at school and looks for anything she can to set herself apart from the teeming masses 3: Its just a freaking pencil. Reminds me of when I was a kid and the smokeshop carried "band" lighters right at the counter. As a 15 year old kid, they were cool and my Ramones lighter rocked, as a 32 year old, not so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •